thereforeadverbuk /ˈðeə.fɔːr/ us /ˈðer.fɔːr/
- The defendant was depressed and therefore not fully responsible for her own actions.
- We are a moral, ethical people and therefore we do not approve of their activities.
- Doctors are short of time to listen and therefore tend to prescribe drugs whenever they can.
- The children will be walking to the cathedral and therefore will need to wear suitable footwear and a sun hat or raincoat, depending on the weather.
- Several members have not replied for over three years and their names have therefore been removed from the mailing list.