thoroughlyadverbuk /ˈθʌr.ə.li/ us /ˈθɝː-/ /-oʊ-/
thoroughly adverb (VERY MUCH)
- All the other teachers are thoroughly disillusioned with their colleague.
- I thoroughly approve of what the government is doing.
- She ought to be thoroughly ashamed of herself - talking to her mother like that!
- The senator thoroughly squelched the journalist who tried to interrupt him during his speech.
- They recognized that the country would revive only if it thoroughly disengaged from the chaos of the old regime.
thoroughly adverb (CAREFULLY)