thoughtverbuk /θɔːt/ us /θɑːt/
thoughtnoun [C or U]uk /θɔːt/ us /θɑːt/
- The thought suddenly flashed through my mind that she didn't want to be here.
- To be honest, the thought of jumping out of a moving plane makes my hair stand on end.
- My thoughts flow more easily if I work on a word processor.
- He took a minute or two to compose his thoughts before he replied.
- The thought of kissing him made me go weak at the knees.
- agonize over/about sth
- chew sth over
- chew the cud idiom
- chew your cud idiom
- joined-up thinking
- lateral thinking
- let me see/let's see idiom
- let's see idiom
- take sth into account idiom
- the thought crosses sb's mind idiom
- think sth out
- think sth over
- think sth through