ticketnoun [ C ]uk /ˈtɪk.ɪt/ us /ˈtɪk.ɪt/
ticket noun [ C ] (PROOF OF PAYMENT)
a concert ticket
a ticket office
a ticket collector
- "Thank you, " replied the ticket collector mechanically as he took each ticket.
- How much is a one-way ticket to New York?
- Each ticket admits one member and one guest.
- The theatre tickets were sold out, so we waited to see if there were any cancellations .
- If you've come to buy tickets for tonight's performance, please join the queue.
ticket noun [ C ] (PRICE CARD)
ticket noun [ C ] (POLITICS)
ticketverb [ T ]uk /ˈtɪk.ɪt/ us /ˈtɪk.ɪt/
UK It's an all-ticketed game.