tidy adjective (ORDERED)
My flatmate isn't very tidy.
neat and tidy
a tidy solution
tidy adjective (LARGE)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
noun [ U ] uk /ˈtaɪ.di.nəs/ us /ˈtaɪ.di.nəs/
tidyverb [ I or T ]uk /ˈtaɪ.di/ us /ˈtaɪ.di/
- The children have to learn to tidy up after themselves .
- I asked her to tidy the kitchen but of course she conveniently forgot .
- I want no ifs and buts - just get on and tidy your room now.
- "I'll tidy the kitchen if you clean the car." "OK, it's a bargain."
- I'll tidy my things away tonight - and that's a promise!
noun [ S ] uk /ˌtaɪ.diˈʌp/ us /ˌtaɪ.diˈʌp/