tigernoun [ C ]uk /ˈtaɪ.ɡər/ us /ˈtaɪ.ɡɚ/ female also tigress
tiger noun [ C ] (ANIMAL)
tiger noun [ C ] (PERSON)
- Although the patterns on the fur of tigers and leopards are very different, both serve the same purpose – to make it harder for their prey to see them.
- House cats are related to lions and tigers.
- Many different animals live here: elephants, tigers, and rhinoceroses.
- Neil has to clean the tiger enclosure.
- Some of the most famous animals in danger are tigers, rhinoceroses, and gorillas.
- Tigers are in danger, so the Indian government uses money to pay for big parks where tigers can live safely.
- Tigers live in the jungle.
- “A truck could break a big window and a tiger could get out,” explains Neil.