toilet noun (CONTAINER)
go to the toilet
toilets A2 [ plural ] UK US restroom, US also ladies'/men's room
- It has recently come to my attention that some of the younger boys are not using the toilets for the proper purpose.
- I made a dash for the toilets.
- I found her in floods of tears in the toilets.
- Those toilets smell foul!
- Colin, I'm afraid you've drawn the short straw - you're cleaning out the toilets.
- My children never flush the toilet after them.
- Do you need the toilet right now or can you hang on for a while?
- Can I go to the toilet, please, Miss?
- We hated using that outside toilet - there were always spiders in there!
- The sign on the toilet door said 'Engaged'.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words