tonguenounuk us /tʌŋ/
tongue noun (MOUTH PART)
- The tip of the tongue is sensitive to salt and sweet stimuli and the back of the tongue is sensitive to bitter stimuli.
- The horse rasped my hand with his tongue as I fed him the apple.
- The poet compares his lover's tongue to a razor blade.
- The doctor asked me to stick out my tongue and say 'aah'.
- The tour guide kept sticking out her tongue and licking her lips - it was very distracting!
tongue noun (SHOE)
tongue noun (LANGUAGE)
tongue noun (STYLE OF EXPRESSION)