towernoun [ C ]uk /taʊər/ us /ˈtaʊ.ɚ/
the Eiffel tower
- From the top of the tower, the outlook over the city was breathtaking.
- After their wedding the bells pealed out from the tower.
- The plan for a new office tower went ahead regardless of local opposition.
- Scaffolding has been erected around the tower and repair work will start next week.
- Don't go up the tower if you're afraid of heights.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: