trafficnoun [ U ]uk /ˈtræf.ɪk/ us /ˈtræf.ɪk/
traffic noun [ U ] (VEHICLES)
- Sorry I'm late, I got held up in traffic.
- There was a police officer directing the traffic.
- The council is to examine ways of reducing traffic in the city centre.
- The traffic was quite light so we got through London quickly.
- I don't want a load of traffic going past my house all night, keeping me awake.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
traffic noun [ U ] (TRADE)
traffic noun [ U ] (INTERNET)