tragedynoun [ C or U ]uk /ˈtrædʒ.ə.di/ us /ˈtrædʒ.ə.di/
Shakespeare's tragedies include "Hamlet", "King Lear", and "Othello".
- We are deeply saddened by this devastating tragedy.
- News of the tragedy has sobered us.
- It's a tragedy that these young people were struck down in their prime.
- The tragedy of being a dancer is that you're all washed up by the time you're 35.
- Within hours of the tragedy happening, an emergency rescue team had been assembled.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: