train noun (VEHICLE)
the train to/from Bristol
Did you come by train?
She caught/took the train to Edinburgh.
train noun (SERIES)
train of thought/events
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
train noun (PART OF DRESS)
train verb (PREPARE)
She trained as a pilot.
- We're trying to train our dog to sit.
- Doctors are trained to recognize the symptoms of different diseases.
- I had to take an aptitude test before I began training as a nurse.
- How I wish I could train the children to leave their dirty shoes at the door!
- We believe that he has been training an army and storing up arms.