transportnounuk /ˈtræn.spɔːt/ us /-spɔːrt/
transport noun (GOODS/PEOPLE)
- The city's transport system is one of the most efficient in Europe.
- The tour operator will arrange transport and plan your itinerary.
- Travelling by train is still one of the safest methods of transport.
- If you think that these transport problems can be solved by building more roads, you completely misunderstand the nature of the problem.
- Please let the organizers know if you're able to offer transport to or from the campsite for this year's Cub camp.
transport noun (FEELING)
- (as) pleased as Punch idiom
- be as high as a kite idiom
- be dancing in the streets idiom
- be floating on air idiom
- be full of the joys of spring idiom
- be in seventh heaven idiom
- jump for joy idiom
- look/feel like a million dollars idiom
- loved up
transportverb [T]uk /trænˈspɔːt/ us /-ˈspɔːrt/
transport verb [T] (GOODS/PEOPLE)
- The prisoners were transported under military escort.
- The emergency building is transported in individual modules, such as bedrooms and a kitchen, which are put together on site.
- Environmentalists argue that more goods should be transported by rail.
- The two prisoners were kept under restraint while they were transported between prisons.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
transport verb [T] (FEELING)
- a blast from the past idiom
- be engraved on sb's memory/mind idiom
- be etched on/in sb's memory idiom
- be your epitaph idiom
- jog sb's memory idiom
- let's see idiom
- ring a bell idiom
- stamped on sb's memory idiom
- stick in sb's mind/head/memory idiom
- take sb back