treatverbuk us /triːt/
treat verb (DEAL WITH)
- Many companies still treat their management staff better than their workers.
- You really should treat your parents with more respect.
- These men's magazines just treat women as playthings.
- We try to treat our students as individuals.
- All information will be treated as strictly confidential.
treat verb (GIVE MEDICAL CARE)
- The farmer called the vet out to treat a sick cow.
- Laboratory tests suggest that the new drug may be used to treat cancer.
- Two firefighters were treated for smoke inhalation.
- At that time I worked in a small hospital where I was treating shell-shocked soldiers.
- Antihistamine is often used to treat hay fever and insect bites.
treat verb (PAY FOR)
treat verb (PUT ON)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
treatnounuk us /triːt/
treat noun (SPECIAL EXPERIENCE)
treat noun (PAY FOR)