triumphnoun [C or U]uk us /ˈtraɪ.əmf/
- He's always crowing about his latest triumph.
- Saint Augustine's 'City of God' is an allegory of the triumph of Good over Evil.
- His tumultuous triumph 5 years ago now seems a mere footnote in history.
- His eyes gleamed in triumph.
- The victory over the French at Waterloo was Wellington's greatest triumph.
- a feather in your cap idiom
- a narrow squeak idiom
- a roaring success idiom
- every dog has its day idiom
- have sth under your belt idiom
- perform/work miracles/a miracle idiom
- quantum leap
- success story