trueadjectiveus uk /truː/
true adjective (NOT FALSE)
- But I didn't invent the story - everything I told you is true.
- Do you think it's true that teenage girls are less self-confident than their male peers?
- I didn't know whether his story was true or not, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.
- Is it true (that) she's gone back to teaching?
- I hereby certify (that) the above information is true and accurate.
true adjective (REAL)
- This scandal raises new questions about the president's true character.
- It's when something really bad like this happens that you find out who your true friends are.
- We each give you a definition of the word printed on the card, and you have to say which you think is the true definition.
- I feel I've found my true vocation.
- The hero of the film finally finds his true self.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
true adjective (SINCERE)
true adjective (HAVING NECESSARY QUALITIES)
true adjective (ACCURATE)