— phrasal verb with turn uk /tɜːn/ us /tɝːn/ verb
- After all that media attention, the whole event turned out to be a bit of a damp squib, with very few people attending.
- The party turned out to be a huge disappointment.
- The news report about the explosion turned out to be false.
- She thought she was pregnant, but it turned out to be a false alarm .
- My fears turned out to be groundless.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: