turn (sb/sth) into sb/sth
— phrasal verb with turn uk /tɜːn/ us /tɝːn/ verb
- It would need more than a few exercises to turn a seven-stone weakling into a heavyweight boxer.
- She manages to turn the most ordinary of ingredients into the most delicious of dishes.
- The witch put a magic spell on the prince and turned him into a frog.
- The Incredible Hulk is a character in a comic who turns from a scientist into a two-metre tall monster.
- The bee turns nectar into honey.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words