turn to sb/sth
— phrasal verb with turn uk /tɜːn/ us /tɝːn/ verb
- I have always been able to turn to my parents when I've had a problem.
- He felt he had no-one to turn to.
- He turned to his friend for financial support.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- (you can) depend on/upon it idiom
- accept/take sth on faith idiom
- bank on sb/sth
- believe in sb
- have faith! idiom
- I wouldn't trust sb as far as I could throw them idiom
- keep faith with sth/sb idiom
- put/place your faith in sth/sb idiom
- rely on/upon sb/sth
- repose trust/confidence/hope in sb/sth idiom