tyrenoun [ C ]UK US tire uk /taɪər/ us /taɪr/
A2 a thick rubber ring, often filled with air, that is fitted around the outer edge of the wheel of a vehicle, allowing the vehicle to stick to the road surface and to travel over the ground more easily:
- He clipped the edge of the kerb with his front tyre.
- He was driving so fast that his car tyre exploded.
- I've no idea how to set about changing a tyre on a car.
- I got a flat tyre after driving over a nail.
- Police found tyre tracks in the mud.