uncertaintynoun [ C or U ]uk /ʌnˈsɜː.tən.ti/ us /ʌnˈsɝː.tən.ti/
Life is full of uncertainties.
- Is there any uncertainty at all about the way she died?
- The commission's report has dispelled much of the uncertainty that has enshrouded the industry.
- There's a degree of uncertainty over the company's future.
- There's some uncertainty surrounding the funding for the project.
- There's an element of uncertainty in our plans.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: