uncoververb [ T ]uk /ʌnˈkʌv.ər/ us /ʌnˈkʌv.ɚ/
- They uncovered a plot to destabilize the government.
- The investigation uncovered some interesting information on Mr Parkinson.
- Police officers uncovered an intricate web of deceit.
- While digging the foundations builders uncovered some important archaeological remains.
- It will be interesting to see what this investigation uncovers.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- (the) word is/gets out idiom
- be the talk of the town idiom
- break cover idiom
- dob sb in
- get around (somewhere)
- give sth away
- King's evidence
- let the cat out of the bag idiom
- open your heart to someone idiom
- spill the beans idiom
- take the wraps off sth idiom
- tell on sb
- tongues wagging idiom