underestimateverbuk /ˌʌn.dəˈres.tɪ.meɪt/ us /ˌʌn.dɚˈes.tə.meɪt/
underestimate verb (AMOUNT)
- He miscalculated badly when he underestimated the response of the international community to the invasion.
- They've seriously underestimated the cost of the building project.
- The influence of the media should never be underestimated.
- She had a tendency to underestimate her son's potential.
- It seems that we've seriously underestimated just how long this process will take.
- cross purposes
- don't get me wrong idiom
- get the wrong end of the stick idiom
- get your wires crossed idiom
- labour under the delusion, illusion, misapprehension, etc. idiom
- not see the forest for the trees idiom
- not see the wood for the trees idiom
- put two and two together and make five idiom
underestimate verb (PERSON)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: