undertakeverb [T]uk /ˌʌn.dəˈteɪk/ us /ˌʌn.dɚˈteɪk/ undertook, undertaken
undertake verb [T] (DO)
- The bill requires owners to undertake remedial work on dilapidated buildings.
- This is one of the largest aid projects ever undertaken.
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake an induction programme.
- I'm just beginning to realize the enormity of what I have undertaken.
- The agency undertook the survey in January 2004.
- (your) every move idiom
- act/do sth on your own responsibility idiom
- be up to sth idiom
- get around to sth
- give yourself over/up to sth
- go about sth
- go about your business idiom
- go through with sth
- talk the talk idiom
- up to