undoverb [ T ]uk /ʌnˈduː/ us /ʌnˈduː/ present participle undoing, past tense undid, past participle undone
undo verb [ T ] (UNFASTEN)
- I undid the buttons on my blouse.
- He had eaten so much that he had to undo his belt a couple of notches.
- He had undone the buttons of his shirt, exposing an unsightly expanse of white flesh.
- If the curtains are too short you could undo the hem to make them a bit longer.
- He gently began to undo the zip at the back of her dress.
undo verb [ T ] (REMOVE EFFECTS)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words