unexpectedadjectiveuk /ˌʌn.ɪkˈspek.tɪd/ us /ˌʌn.ɪkˈspek.tɪd/
- The president made an unexpected announcement this morning.
- His ascent to power was rapid and unexpected.
- The research produced some rather unexpected results.
- Events took an unexpected turn when her mother suddenly arrived.
- There's an unexpected twist in the plot towards the end of the film.
- ad hoc
- ad lib
- against (all) the odds/against all odds idiom
- all at once idiom
- all of a sudden idiom
- it's just one of those things idiom
- just like that idiom
- make sth up as you go along idiom
- muddle along
- undreamed of