unitnounuk us /ˈjuː.nɪt/
unit noun (SEPARATE PART)
- The company announced plans to increase production to 10 000 units per month.
- The coursework is divided into three units, and you are expected to complete Unit 1 this term.
- I'd love to replace my old kitchen units - can you tell me the price of this particular drawer unit?
- It would be better if products like crisps showed how much salt they contain per unit, not per 100 g.
- If one carton contains 12 units, then you'd better order 10 cartons.
unit noun (PEOPLE)
unit noun (MEASUREMENT)
unit noun (HOSPITAL DEPARTMENT)
unit noun (SINGLE NUMBER)