universitynoun [ C ]uk /ˌjuː.nɪˈvɜː.sə.ti/ us /ˌjuː.nəˈvɝː.sə.t̬i/
Which university did you go to/were you at (= did you study at)?
She teaches at the University of Connecticut.
I graduated from Liverpool University in 2012.
- She was rejected the first time she applied to the university, but when she reapplied the following year she was accepted.
- Researchers at universities are always complaining about lack of funds.
- You usually need three A levels to get into university.
- She's going to study law at university.
- The majority of the employees have university degrees.