unluckyadjective [ often + to infinitive ]uk /ʌnˈlʌk.i/ us /ʌnˈlʌk.i/
- I don't believe in the old superstition that the number 13 is unlucky.
- We had a lovely time in Scotland, but we were a bit unlucky with the weather.
- We got a parking ticket but Pat and Keith didn't, we were just unlucky.
- They were unlucky enough to be at the top of the mountain when the storm came over.
- Henman played well and he was unlucky to lose the match.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ʌnˈlʌk.əl.i/ us /ʌnˈlʌk.əl.i/