The weather there can be unpredictable - one minute it's blue skies and the next minute it's pouring rain.
- She's very unpredictable so there's no knowing how she'll react to the news.
- Unfortunately the outcome of this kind of treatment can be rather unpredictable.
- He's fun to be with but can be a bit unpredictable at times, you never know what kind of mood he's going to be in.
- I really enjoy having a holiday in the UK, if only the weather weren't so unpredictable.
- The finishing time is a bit unpredictable, it depends how things go.
noun [ U ] uk /ˌʌn.prɪˌdɪk.təˈbɪl.ə.ti/ us /ˌʌn.prɪˌdɪk.təˈbɪl.ə.t̬i/
adverb uk /ˌʌn.prɪˈdɪk.tə.bli/ us /ˌʌn.prɪˈdɪk.tə.bli/