upgradeverb [ T ]uk /ʌpˈɡreɪd/ us /ʌpˈɡreɪd/
- There were no seats left in economy so we were upgraded to business class.
- We've decided to upgrade our old computer.
- The system is currently being upgraded.
- You'll need to upgrade the memory if you want to run this program.
- This is the price for the more basic package but you can always upgrade to the other one if you change your mind.
upgradenoun [ C ]uk /ˈʌp.ɡreɪd/ us /ˈʌp.ɡreɪd/
a hardware upgrade
- The basic software is free but you need to pay for any upgrades.
- hardware/software upgrades
- Upgrades are available at selected online retailers.
- Is this the basic version or have you bought the upgrade?
- The upgrade costs $30.