urgenoun [ C ]uk /ɜːdʒ/ us /ɝːdʒ/
urgeverb [ I or T ]uk /ɜːdʒ/ us /ɝːdʒ/
- Newspaper editors are being urged not to intrude into the grief of the families of missing servicemen.
- The president urged other countries to lift the trade restrictions.
- The World Bank is being urged to write off debts from developing countries.
- People were urged to boycott the country's products.
- He again urged approval of a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
noun [ C or U ] uk /ˈɜː.dʒɪŋ/ us /ˈɝː.dʒɪŋ/