- The rules are vague and open to interpretation.
- I have only a vague notion of what she does for a living.
- I had a vague idea that she lived in Liverpool.
- His writings are rather vague on the subject of his marriage.
- Our teacher is so vague and disorganized.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ˈveɪɡ.li/ us /ˈveɪɡ.li/
noun [ U ] uk /ˈveɪɡ.nəs/ us /ˈveɪɡ.nəs/
DowntonersDowntoners are words or phrases which reduce the force of another word or phrase. Downtoning is the opposite of emphasising. The most common downtoners are: …
Downtoners: using vague languageWe use vague language such as kind of…, sort of … or the suffix -ish to reduce the force of a word or phrase: …