- The judge remarked that ignorance was not a valid defence.
- For the experiment to be valid, it is essential to record the data accurately.
- Their arguments were valid a hundred years ago and they still hold good today.
- You need to trawl through a lot of data to get results that are valid.
- The voucher is valid between July and December and entitles you to 10% off all overseas flights.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
noun [ U ] uk /vəˈlɪd.ə.ti/ us /vəˈlɪd.ə.t̬i/
adverb uk /ˈvæl.ɪd.li/ us /ˈvæl.ɪd.li/