valuable adjective (MONEY)
OppositeNote: Invaluable means 'extremely useful'.
- The country's most valuable commodities include tin and diamonds.
- Diamonds are still valuable, even when they are flawed.
- Delicate and valuable books are kept in an air-conditioned annexe to the main library.
- You can't give away Granny's old bookcase - it's a valuable antique.
- The museum has a fine collection of valuable glass.
valuable adjective (IMPORTANT)
- We lost valuable time stuck in traffic.
- She gave me some valuable tips for growing tomatoes.
- Her doctor gave her a lot of valuable advice about bereavement.
- I found his book on painting very valuable for my own studies.
- She made a valuable contribution to the treatment of asthma.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words