varietynounuk /vəˈraɪə.ti/ us /vəˈraɪə.t̬i/
variety noun (CHANGE)
- This variety of tomato is particularly good, and is resistant to disease.
- Can you tell the the difference between poisonous mushrooms and edible varieties?
- I like almost every variety of cheese.
- He has a variety of different, brightly-coloured ties that he wears to work.
- I suppose you mix with a wide variety of people in your job.
variety noun (TYPE)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
variety noun (ENTERTAINMENT)