vegetariannoun [ C ]uk /ˌvedʒ.ɪˈteə.ri.ən/ us /-ˈter.i-/ UK informal veggie
Of the four million people who have become vegetarians in this country, nearly two thirds are women.
a vegetarian restaurant
- Their own-label vegetarian products have been a huge success.
- The restaurant's very good for fish, but I'd give their vegetarian options a miss.
- Some people prefer a vegetarian diet, while others prefer a meat-based diet.
- David put me onto a wonderful vegetarian cookery book.
- The policy of charging air travellers for vegetarian meals proved unpopular and has already been rescinded.