veryadverbuk /ˈver.i/ us /ˈver.i/
veryadjective [before noun]uk /ˈver.i/ us /ˈver.i/
very adjective [before noun] (EXACT)
- She walked in wearing the very dress the hostess had on.
- I would like to have come, but that's the very day my niece is coming to stay with me.
- While claiming to promote positive images of women, advertisers are in fact doing the very opposite.
- He was sitting in the very spot where I had first seen him, all those years before.
- Ah, there you are - the very woman I was hoping to see!
very adjective [before noun] (FURTHEST POINT)