a vicious thug
a vicious dog
He gave her a vicious look.
I have a vicious headache.
- They were the victims of a vicious racist attack.
- These otters are particularly vicious beasties, with very sharp teeth.
- He was set upon by a vicious dog.
- The insurance business suffered from a vicious cycle of boom and bust.
- He was subjected to the most vicious calumny, but he never complained and never sued.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
adverb uk /ˈvɪʃ.əs.li/ us /ˈvɪʃ.əs.li/
noun [ U ] uk /ˈvɪʃ.əs.nəs/ us /ˈvɪʃ.əs.nəs/