video gamenoun [ C ]uk /ˈvɪd.i.əʊ ˌɡeɪm/ us /ˈvɪd.i.oʊ ˌɡeɪm/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Football is a game – but chess, video games, and hide and seek are games, too, each with its own rules.
- For many years, researchers have studied video games.
- In books, movies, television shows, and video games the bad character often dresses in black.
- In some video games, like Warcraft, you have to fight against dragons.
- In the 1970s we didn’t have the smartphones, video games, and robots that we have today.
- Most young people now play video games.
- Now, we can play video games on computers, TVs, or phones.
- So, video games have now joined football and baseball as stadium sports.
- The researchers wondered if violent video games create violent people.
- Today, there are video game competitions in stadiums.
- You can control a computer with your body in come video games.