violentadjectiveuk us /ˈvaɪə.lənt/
violent adjective (CAUSING HURT)
- Many football fans are unfairly accused of violent behaviour.
- Although sexual and violent crimes have increased by 10%, they remain only a tiny fraction of the total number of crimes committed each year.
- Some scenes are violent and may disturb younger viewers.
- There were violent confrontations between police and demonstrators.
- The woman had fled from her violent husband to a women's refuge in Chelmsford.
violent adjective (STRONG)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: