virtuallyadverbuk /ˈvɜː.tju.ə.li/ us /ˈvɝː-/
virtually adverb (ALMOST)
- By midnight I was virtually comatose.
- We can catch the vast majority of people, but hunting down every last tax dodger is virtually impossible.
- Torn apart by war, its economy virtually destroyed, this country now faces a very uncertain future.
- A generation ago, home computers were virtually unknown.
- The hospital had virtually given her up for dead, but she eventually recovered.
virtually adverb (BY COMPUTER)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: