We visited a few galleries while we were in Prague.
Will you visit me when I'm in hospital?
- I want to buy a little something to give to Val when I visit her in hospital.
- There are several places of interest to visit in the area.
- I've never been to Kenya, but I hope to visit it next year.
- I have clear memories of visiting my grandfather's farm as a child.
- He picked up malaria when he was visiting the country on business.
visitnoun [ C ]uk /ˈvɪz.ɪt/ us /ˈvɪz.ɪt/
pay a visit
- They received a visit from the police.
- My uncle paid us a surprise visit yesterday.
- He gave a talk about his visit to America.
- The timetable for our trip to Paris includes visits to Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.
- The president's official visit marks the start of a more relaxed relationship between the two countries.