The hospital has asked various voluntary organizations to help raise money for the new operating theatre.
the voluntary sector
- As a woman of independent means, she spent most of her life in voluntary work.
- The union remains obdurate that any redundancies must be voluntary.
- Most of our staff work for us on a voluntary basis .
- She took voluntary redundancy.
- Since retiring from the company, she has done voluntary work for a charity.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
adverb uk /ˈvɒl.ən.trəl.i/ /ˌvɒl.ənˈteə.rəl.i/ us /ˈvɑː.lən.ter.əl.i/