waiternoun [ C ]uk /ˈweɪ.tər/ us /ˈweɪ.t̬ɚ/
- The waiter smiled contemptuously at anyone who didn't know which wine to order.
- Walter expostulated with the waiter about the size of the bill.
- The waiter handed me the menu with a flourish.
- The waiter smiled politely as he handed me my bill/handed my bill to me.
- A waiter hovered at the table, ready to take our order.
- A waiter comes and you get some tea.
- The different jobs as waiter, housekeeper, nurse, and more can last for three months, six months, or longer.