wakeverb [I or T]uk /weɪk/ us /weɪk/ past tense woke or waked, past participle woken or waked also wake up
wakenoun [C]uk /weɪk/ us /weɪk/
wake noun [C] (WATER)
- Several governments have adopted tough new anti-terrorist legislation in the wake of the attacks.
- Eastern traders found their way across Europe in the wake of the Roman army.
- Safety procedures are being reviewed in the wake of the accident.
- A lot of new investment has been attracted to the region in the wake of the government's announcement.
- The road remains closed in the wake of Monday's landslide.
wake noun [C] (FUNERAL)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: