watchverbuk /wɒtʃ/ us /wɑːtʃ/
watch verb (LOOK AT)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
watch verb (BE CAREFUL)
- attention span
- be good, and if you can't be good, be careful idiom
- be on (your) guard idiom
- handle/treat sb with kid gloves idiom
- hang on/upon sth
- have a care idiom
- have/keep your ear to the ground idiom
- take note of sth idiom
- the/a glare of sth idiom
- tread carefully/gently/lightly idiom
- walk on eggs/eggshells idiom
watchnounuk /wɒtʃ/ us /wɑːtʃ/
watch noun (SMALL CLOCK)
watch noun (LOOKING)
- I sometimes just look out the window and keep a watch on the comings and goings of everyone in the street.
- Her parents used to keep a jealous watch over her when she was young.
- Management keep a close watch on bullying in the workplace.
- She keeps a close watch on her husband to see that he behaves himself.
- You need to keep a close watch on him. He's a real troublemaker.