waterfallnoun [ C ]uk /ˈwɔː.tə.fɔːl/ us /ˈwɑː.t̬ɚ.fɑːl/
- This tour takes in the area's best-known natural features, including the Gullfoss waterfall.
- "Just look at that waterfall! Isn't it amazing?" she marvelled.
- Can you feel the spray from the waterfall?
- I couldn't hear what he was saying over the thunder of the waterfall.
Examples from literature
- It’s the largest waterfall in the world.
- One of the most amazing BASE jumps is the jump from Angel Falls in Venezuela, the world’s highest waterfall.
- People love to visit waterfalls.
- Some things in nature, like waterfalls, are beautiful.
- The Devil's Swimming Pool is on the edge of the waterfall.
- The name waterfall says it all – water falls from a high place to a lower place.
- Waterfalls are beautiful.
- We walked next to the river until we came to the waterfall.