whileconjunctionuk /waɪl/ us /waɪl/
while conjunction (DURING)
while conjunction (ALTHOUGH)
- While your work has improved greatly, there are still some areas that concern me.
- While I'd like to accept your offer, I'm unable to at the present time.
- While I admire your courage, it's sometimes better not to get involved.
- While I'd be willing to help you on this occasion, I may not always be able to in future.
- While I'm reluctant to make a fuss, I feel I really must complain.
while conjunction (BUT)
whilenounuk /waɪl/ us /waɪl/