whisperverbuk /ˈwɪs.pər/ us /ˈwɪs.pɚ/
whisper verb (SPEAK)
- She leaned forward to whisper something in my ear.
- She leaned over and whispered something in his ear.
- The person on my left turned to me and whispered "Not another speech!".
- They're the couple in the corner, whispering sweet nothings to each other.
- She heard them whispering conspiratorially in the bedroom.
whispernounuk /ˈwɪs.pər/ us /ˈwɪs.pɚ/
whisper noun (SPEECH)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: