whisper verb (SPEAK)
What are you two girls whispering about?
It's rude to whisper!
- She leaned forward to whisper something in my ear.
- She leaned over and whispered something in his ear.
- The person on my left turned to me and whispered "Not another speech!".
- They're the couple in the corner, whispering sweet nothings to each other.
- She heard them whispering conspiratorially in the bedroom.
whisper noun (SPEECH)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: